The Center of Ophanim: Dwelling Where the Spirit Decides #TheLonging22thDays

There are moments when my longing no longer feels like a straight path toward God. It feels more like being drawn inward, toward a living geometry, circles within circles, motion without confusion, movement without strain. I find myself no longer asking how to move forward, but where to stand so that movement itself becomes faithful. This is where the vision of the Ophanim (אוֹפַנִּים) begins to speak to me, not as imagery, but as invitation.

Ezekiel’s words echo with unsettling clarity: “Wherever the Spirit would go, they went; they did not turn as they went.” (Eze. 1:15–21; 10:9–13) I cannot escape this phrase. The wheels do not rotate to adjust. They do not realign themselves with changing conditions. They move because they are already aligned. Their direction is not chosen by position, but decided by the Spirit who indwells them.

As I sit with this vision, my longing shifts. I am no longer longing for guidance as information, nor for clarity as strategy. I am longing for attunement. In the Kingdom of God, truth does not operate as data to be collected, but as alignment to be inhabited. To know is not to accumulate, but to remain aligned. Kingdom knowledge is a state of being before it is an act of reasoning.

Ezekiel is precise in what he sees. “I saw a wheel on the earth beside each of the four living creatures.” One wheel, one creature, four wheels in total. And yet, “the appearance of the wheels was like a wheel within a wheel.”(Eze. 1:16) Not more wheels, but deeper structure. The same vision returns later, unchanged. Four wheels beside the cherubim, each still described as a wheel within a wheel. The complexity does not multiply direction. It deepens coherence.

This matters to me, because I realize my temptation has often been to live inside one wheel. One calling. One direction. One dominant movement that feels faithful because it is familiar. But the Ophanim do not live this way. Each wheel remains distinct, yet none moves independently. Oneness is not produced by control, nor by hierarchy, but by shared obedience to the same Spirit.

Here my understanding of governance is undone. I have assumed that faithfulness requires constant reorientation. Turning to respond. Turning to adapt. Turning to survive. But the Ophanim reveal a different correction. In the Kingdom, correction happens through re-alignment, not retreat. Refinement, not reversal. Faithfulness is not preserved by changing direction, but by staying sensitive to the Spirit who decides direction.

This draws me toward the center. Not the center as dominance, but the center as axis. The place where all four wheels are visible at once. The place where I do not have to choose between directions because obedience precedes motion. To dwell at the center of the Ophanim is to live where turning is no longer necessary, because alignment is already true.

Kingdom decisions, I am learning, are not produced by reacting to situations, but by continuity of attentiveness. When the axis is true, movement does not threaten identity. When alignment is preserved, direction does not fracture faithfulness. Kingdom governance does not change direction in order to remain loyal. It remains loyal, and therefore can move in any direction without losing itself.

This is why the Ophanim do not hesitate. They do not deliberate anxiously. They move as one because obedience has already unified them. Their strength is not speed, but coherence. Their power is not autonomy, but indwelling.

Much of my exhaustion has come from governing my life by orientation rather than alignment. Turning toward pressure. Turning toward urgency. Turning toward expectation. Mistaking motion for faithfulness. But the Ophanim call me into another logic. When alignment with the Spirit is sustained, movement becomes effortless, and multiplicity becomes harmony.

I find my longing crystallizing here. I want to dwell where the Spirit decides. Closer to the eyes of God, where all four wheels are in view. Not confined to one circle, one direction, or one expression of obedience. I long to remain faithful and therefore be free to move anywhere.

This is the center of Ophanim. Not a place of stillness without motion, but a place where motion no longer costs faithfulness. Where obedience runs ahead of direction. Where I no longer ask where to go, because I am dwelling with the One who decides.

And from that center, wherever the Spirit goes, I go.


Just Me,

Hanny

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Tetelestai: The Final Longing #The11thDay

The Covenant of Longing: The Wind, the Fire, and the Whisper #TheLonging14thDays

Desiderium Naturale Dei: The Innate Longing for God - #1stDay